Saturday, October 24, 2015

Into the Twilight Zone

I'm cheating on my own blog. Maybe. It depends on your definition.

Some define a staycation as only taking day trips and sleeping at home.
Yet others define it as staying close to home or in your own country.

I'm going to allow myself this broader definition: day trips OR longer trips as long as we stay in Oregon.

Because I really want to go to Eastern Oregon.

Because there are Haunted Hotels. Ghost Towns. Abandoned Mines.

There's the bleak and beautiful landscape shaped by ancient volcanoes, glaciers and violent floods, marked by wagon wheel ruts of hopeful pioneers who sacrificed much to journey into the unknown.

Because it's "another dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity"
and  "a land of both shadow and substance".
We will truly take "a journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination".

"Next Stop: the Twilight Zone!" (keep scrolling for day one)

No comments:

Post a Comment